so everyday he comes home claiming 'he's starving' and 'he just can't take it he's so hungry!' (he's a little melodramatic that one!) i think he and the baby are plotting against me already, because he always starts up the minute that rance is due for his next bottle. they are tag teaming me. i just know it!
he insists that yogurt or raisins will just not do, he needs something more. so i have gotten a little creative lately, especially since he is such a picky eater. it seems i always have flour tortillas, leftover spaghetti sauce, & cheese in the fridge. enter the pizza burrito. this kid will eat almost anything (except eggs, tried that. epic fail. he dug every last bit of scrambled egg out!) if it comes in the shape of a burrito!
it's not aesthetically pleasing. but this kid gobbles it up in less than the time it takes to make it!
so here it is.
after school snack: pizza burrito
-1 flour tortilla
- handful shredded mozzarella cheese
- few spoonfuls of spaghetti sauce
1. put flour tortilla on microwave safe plate. spread handful of mozzarella cheese over the top. (as you can see i couldn't even get the thing made before he attacked it!)
2. drizzle top with a few spoonfuls of spaghetti sauce. (sorry for the bad pictures.. i was fighting to keep him from eating it out from under me!)
3. put it in the microwave for about a minute. (may vary according to your microwave) just enough to get the cheese melted slightly & the spaghetti luke warm.
4. roll it up & serve it to your starving to death child who doesn't understand why you need pictures of his pizza burrito!
ps-what are your quick-fix after school snack go to's?