i can't be the only one thinking..
'holy crap! christmas is 7 days away!'
i am so grateful that i've avoided most of the holiday stress.
i gave myself permission to not do any christmas crafting (for around the house)..
and i have to say.. i'm enjoying not feeling guilty because i haven't posted a bunch of craft ideas.
that's not to say that i may or may not have spent a good 40+ hours on one craft this week.
a craft that was a christmas present to be exact.
i was really enjoying every minute of it, up until the day i needed to be done..
and i wasn't... well until the last minute.
when i tallied up all the time put into it..
i was really shocked, because it was a labor of love, so the time flew by.
so i'm not really surprised i don't have too many pictures this week..
or that i haven't done much other than wash dishes & feed my family & embroider.
1. mr. bells got caught playing with marshmallows in the pantry.
2. we pretty much keep the dude's bedroom door shut.. but i was in there hanging up some clothes & next thing i know i hear 'tap. tap. tap.' on the keyboard behind me.. the babe got his techie gene honestly!
3. with temps dropping into the 40s @ night we've had to put a crate back in the house for the dog (cue major sadface here..).. apparently mr. bells thought it was a jungle gym.
4. i think i pick up measuring cups 1,000 times a day.. remind me why i bought toys for this kid for christmas?
5. i gave in to the pleas for the 'stupid-giant-can't-turn-a-corner-to-save-it's-life kid-germ-infested' shopping cart at publix on a run to pick up milk. we ended up going up & down every aisle just so they had more time in the darn thing. sometimes you have to let go of your mommy-worries & hurries & just let 'em be kids!
6. a christmas card from mason, with a rose drawn on the front. i'm seriously impressed with it. still. (look for a project with this drawing this week!)
7. mr. bells was either really lame or really cool this week. he pulled out the lite brite to shout out a countdown this day!
8. brownies requested by the dude for his class christmas party. dressed up with peppermint icing & crushed peppermints. they were a HUGE hit with the kids. (sharing recipe this week)