this is a blog about memory keeping, funny stories & baked goods i make, and do my best not to eat. proper capitalization is always optional.

12.30.2010

life: looking forward.

if i'm being honest, i've never been good at following through on new years resolutions.
it's REALLY easy to make them, but actually doing them.. eh.

a few years ago i got the idea from elise blaha to make a list of things i wanted to do before my next birthday. it started as a '29 things before i'm 30' list. (it'd be 31 things this year, just in case you are curious.) and while i'd love to cross 31 things off a list, truth is, i feel like it's not very realistic for me this year.

i'd rather be successful at a few things, then end up being overwhelmed & disappointed in myself.

wouldn't you?

i was coloring with the dude yesterday & started doodling a list of ideas for 2011.


so what's on the list you ask?

well. things like..

-learn how to make sushi
-make time for dates with the hubs
-journal
-take more walks with the boys
-get crafty!
-learn about my camera(s).
         GET OUT OF AUTO!
-bake a cake. from scratch.
-teach myself embroidery
-learn to use my sewing machine
-set aside more PLAY time with the boys
-(get another tattoo)
-hang pictures
-make my own salsa
-ride my bike
-read more.
-open an etsy shop.
stop talking about doing it & DO it!

there are a couple of other things on the list.. but you get the idea. instead of thinking about it as a list of resolutions, think about it as a life 'to do' list. a sort of short term 'bucket list' maybe? somehow that makes it seem less intimidating.. doesn't it?

i invite you to make your own list & link it up in the comment section. i'd like to see what's on your 'to do' list next year. craft projects? trips? home makeovers? personal goals? let's see it all!

xo-k

1 comment:

  1. That's a really good idea, I might have to do one myself. ;]

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! i try to respond to everyone, especially if you have a question. please make sure your email address is in blogger, or that you leave your email address in your comment so that i can respond to you directly with any questions you have! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...