this is a blog about memory keeping, funny stories & baked goods i make, and do my best not to eat. proper capitalization is always optional.

11.21.2011

recipe: shirley temple cupcakes

so you know how crazy busy  life can get & then in the blink of an eye a week has passed?
that's how i feel today.
i can't believe it's monday.
...a week later monday to be exact.

last week:
-re-dyed my hair purple (it fades fairly quickly)
-rance had his first illness, a double ear infection.
-i made my first ever, from-my-own-imagination crockpot meal (recipe to follow soon)
-we had our last soccer practice of the season
-i introduced mason to space camp (the totally-awesome-80's-movie)
-i finished 'crowning glory of calla lily ponder' & hit my goal of 24 books for the year
-i started reading 'little women', to surpass my goal of 24 books for the year.
-i went to the midnight premiere of breaking dawn with 3 of my favorite people
 & 2 of my favorite teenagers :)
-i came down with a 24 hr bug
-mason had his last soccer game of the season & got his first trophy ever.
-i baked goodies for my cousin's bridal shower
-i saw breaking dawn AGAIN with 2 of the same favorites from the midnight premiere.
-i spent time with family & laughed my butt off.



that's the spread at my cousin lisa's bridal shower.
i am responsible for the dessert (minus the bundt cake), along with a little help from my mom on the piping job.
my other cousin (who is ALSO a lisa) put together a beautiful table & party.


it was my first shot at 'girly' treats for a grown up party
& i was pretty excited about how they turned out!
the party throwing lisa is a graphic designer
& she made me up some graphics to match the invites she designed.
& i made up the cupcake toppers.

i pinned them awhile back, and when she called me up & asked me to contribute i went to my boards for 'pink inspiration'.
they were SO moist & SO good..
very mild cherry flavor, but still very good.

here's a link to the recipe from 'the curvy carrot'.

with thanksgiving this week, there is no sign off life slowing down either..
here's to a busy life, that even with it's twists & turns & ups & downs,
is SO worth it! :)

xo-k

linking to:

1 comment:

  1. Please, please can I come to the next party you throw? Pretty please? You pay such close attention to the important details. These look delicious. Love the liners!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! i try to respond to everyone, especially if you have a question. please make sure your email address is in blogger, or that you leave your email address in your comment so that i can respond to you directly with any questions you have! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...