ohh.. these cookies could get someone into REAL trouble..
someone like.. oh.. ME.
aaaand maybe you too.
it's like my aunt susan said 'look out thin mints, there is a new cookie in town'
well, maybe that's not EXACTLY what she said...
but i'm thinking your pockets just may love you if you kick your girl scout cookie addiction
& make these instead! :)
i woke up saturday morning with a fire under my butt.
i am on this kick... and i'm not sure how long it'll last.. but i'm going to ride it out.
but more about the actual 'kick' in another post.
because these cookies...
these cookies here...
good Lord they deserve their own post.
i'm going to call them:
chocolate peppermint-with-out-the-patty cookies
(or just damn good cookies, m'kay?)
and because i was in the thick of cookie making
& not really thinking about blogging
i have no 'in the process' pictures
just think of it this way...
i've spared you all the tempting-drool-inducing photos if you're determined to stick hard-core to that diet of yours..
(although i'm sure my mama could find something about how peppermint is good for you in SOME way)
Chocolate Peppermint-with-out-the-patty Cookies
(adapted from Hershey's)
- 1 c (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
-1 c sugar
-3/4 c packed light brown sugar
-2 tsp peppermint extract
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 c all purpose flour
-1/2 c Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, peppermint extract, vanilla, & salt in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs & beat well.
3. In seperate bowl mix flour, cocoa powder & baking soda. Gradually add to butter mix. Beat until well blended.
4. Place mixture covered in freezer for 10 minutes. Remove & drop rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes or until just set. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely & place in fridge.
okay.. placing in the fridge is optional. sort of. but you're gonna want them cool. PROMISE. oh sure they were good fresh outta the oven, but there is something about a cool chocolate peppermint cookie. it's MUCH better!
and the overbaking? not good. well, for me anyways. go ahead & cook them until they are set.. but you will miss out on the fudgy peppermint goodness if you do :)
ps. working on that dr. seuss party blog.. and some others.. stay tuned :)